Adding a Contact Form to a Page
This tutorial will walk you through on how to set up your contact form & place it in the contact page using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
If you're using a different contact form plugin, that's totally fine! Just set up your form, grab the shortcode, and skip to step #6.
- First, make sure you have installed and activated the Contact Form 7 plugin
- From your Dashboard, click on Contact from the left sidebar
- Click “Add New” at the top to create a new form
- The default form will be made automatically (name, email, subject and message). Give this form a title at the top.
- If you wish to edit the form template further, see here for more instructions on how to do so.
- Once you save the form, your shortcode will appear under the title. Copy the shortcode!
- Go to your Contact page. If you haven’t made a contact page yet, go to Pages > Add New and create the contact page (or the page you wish the form to be on).
- Click the + button to add a new block and search for the “shortcode” block
- Paste the shortcode into the shortcode block
- Save the page, then view the page and you should now see your contact form on the page.
All of your contact form submissions will be sent to the email address you use for your WordPress account in general settings, unless you've changed the Contact Form 7 settings to send to a different email.