The Page Grid Widget
Here’s what we’re going to do in this tutorial:
- Set featured images for the pages we want to display in the grid
- Grab the page/post IDs
- Add the IDs to the Page Grid widget & adjust the widget settings
Set the Featured Images
- If you haven’t already created the pages you want to display in your grid, do so now. Dashboard > Pages > Add New
- On the right side under the Document tab, upload a featured image. This image is what will display in the grid later.
- Repeat steps for all pages you want to display in the grid
Grab the page/post ID
Click here to learn more about finding page IDs.
- Go back to edit a page- one of the pages you just added a featured image to. Look at your address bar at the top. You should see something inside the url like: ?post=3509&
- The number 3509 is the page ID. This is just an example- your number will be different! This is the number you want to save or write down, because we’re going to add this to the widget in the next steps.
- Repeat steps and find the page ID for each page you want to display in the grid.
Add the Page Grid Widget to the Homepage
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets > Front Page Content
- Add the Page Grid widget to this widget area (your theme name will be before, ie: Thrive Page Grid)
- Adjust the settings as you wish.
- Under Page ID, add your page IDs to the field, separate them with a comma.
Here’s an Example of How I Set my Page Grid Widget up:
- The number of columns
- Your page IDs that you copied earlier, separate them all by a comma
- The image size
- The padding around the widget
- Background color (choose these colors in Appearance > Theme Settings > Theme Colors)
- The text alignment of the page title