How to Install your Kadence Child Theme
After you have downloaded your files, make sure to unzip the folder that has "UNZIP" me in the file name (e.g. UNZIP-daze.zip).
Once you have unzipped this folder, make sure to keep the child theme in a zipped format (e.g. daze.zip). This file needs to be zipped to upload to WordPress!
- First, head to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes
- Click "Add New" at the top and search for "Kadence". Install the Kadence theme but don't activate it
- Next, head to the Plugins page and click the "Add New" button
- Search for "Kadence" again and find the "Starter Templates by Kadence WP" plugin. Install and activate the plugin. This plugin will allow us to install your child theme template!
- Now go back to Appearance > Themes, click the "Add New" button, then click "upload". Upload your Kadence child theme you purchased (e.g. daze.zip)
- Activate the theme!
- Now head to Appearance > Starter Templates. You should now see the preview of the child theme template you purchased. **If you see a "CHOOSE YOUR BUILDER" section, click on Hearten Made (image below), and then you will see the child theme preview template.
- Click on the child theme template preview and hit the "Start Importing" button. This might take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Wait for the import to finish and then view your site. It should look like the demo!
"Theme Install Failed" Error
If your import says it has failed, please read this article.
After importing, if you find that some of the posts and product blocks aren't displaying, check out this tutorial
If you want to delete the demo blog posts after importing, follow this easy tutorial