How to Install your Kadence Child Theme & Import Demo Content
Tips Before Installing
- If you have the "Classic Editor" plugin installed, you need to uninstall it to make the theme work OR enable the Gutenberg/block editor in the plugin settings
- Installing the theme will import the demo blog posts, so make sure to pause any RSS-to-email feeds if you have this set up BEFORE installing your new theme. Once the theme is installed, you can delete the demo posts and restart your RSS feed again.
- If you are switching from a Genesis child theme, here's a quick guide you should check out!
How to Install Your Theme & Import Demo Content:
- Depending on your host/server, it can take up to 6-8 minutes for the demo content to import completely.
- If you receive an install error or if the installation does not complete after 8 minutes, disable your plugins (except for the Starter Templates plugin) and try to import the theme again. You can re-activate your plugins once the installation is finished.
- BLUEHOST & GODADDY SITES: If you continue to receive an error during installation, contact your host and ask them to "increase the Memory Limit and Post Max Size to 512KB". Once this is done, navigate to Appearance > Kadence > Kadence Starter Templates, then click on the theme image again to install it.
Other import errors:
If your import says it has failed, please read this article.