Dainty - Slider Settings & Display
1. Creating the Slider Images
Here are the Canva links to the slider templates that were used in the demo:
**Please note that you will need a Canva Pro account (they offer a free trial) so that when you’re finished editing the templates, you can download the image as a TRANSPARENT PNG. This is important because if you don’t, the image will have a white background and you don’t want that!
2. Creating the Slider & Adjusting Settings
- From your Dashboard, click on MetaSlider in the left sidebar
- Create a blank slideshow
- Click the + Add Slide button at the top to begin adding your slider images
- Adjust your settings on the right to match mine. I use the Outline theme, but you can choose whatever you’d like:
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings and adjust your settings to match mine:
3. Displaying the Slider
- While you’re still on the MetaSlider page, find your shortcode (the text in orange) and copy it
- Now head to Appearance > Widgets and add a Text widget to the Home Top widget area
- Paste in the shortcode you copied from step 1 and save!
4. Adding the white patterns to the sides of the Slider
- First make sure you have uploaded the pattern images to your media. You can find these in the Dainty Extras folder.
- Directly underneath the Text widget you placed in the Home Top widget area, add two Image widgets
- Upload a pattern for each Image widget and save the widgets!
- *Please note that the Image widgets will look blank, but that’s only because the patterns are white!