All of my WordPress themes are styled for + compatible with WooCommerce, which is the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress. There are tons of WooCommerce extensions available, both free & paid, that can add all sorts of different functionalities to your shop.
Because every individual shop is so unique and requires a lot of personal info (tax info, address, SSN & credit card info, etc.), I do NOT provide support for WooCommerce or help set up shops. Unless it is something design/style-related, please get in touch with WooCommerce Support for help!
How to Get Started
- Make sure you’ve installed and activated the WooCommerce plugin
- ONLY IF YOU ARE USING A GENESIS CHILD THEME: install and activate the Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin
- Once WC is activated and installed, at the top of your dashboard, you should see a link to go through the WooCommerce setup wizard. It’s important to go through the wizard and allow the shop pages to be created. If the shop pages are not created, it might cause missing page content on your site. If you don't see the setup wizard, click on WooCommerce on the left side of your dashboard to begin.
- After you have completed the setup wizard, I recommend going to WooCommerce > Settings and configuring the rest of the settings.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments to begin setting up payment methods.
- Now you’re ready to start adding your products & start selling!
If you’re new to WooCommerce, I get it. It took me a while to figure everything out myself. I recommend checking out these VERY useful links:
- WooCommerce Getting Started
- WooCommerce Documentation
- Setting up External Products and Affiliates in WooCommerce
- Tips for Selling Digital Products with WooCommerce
Popular WooCommerce Extensions
- "Stripe - WooCommerce" - Free - Easy way to integrate Stripe payments with WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Memberships - Sell memberships, have reward members, create members-only products
Kadence Child Theme WooCommerce Options
You can find all of the WooCommerce shop & archive page display settings in Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce
Genesis Child Theme WooCommerce Options
You can find the WooCommerce shop page settings in Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce