Honeydew - Front Page Hero
Here is the free Canva template for the Honeydew Hero Image that you see in Honeydew Demo #2
How to Set Up the Front Page Hero Section
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings > Hero Image
- Upload or choose an image that is 1700 × 800 pixels. If the image is larger, that’s fine- you’ll just to need to crop it in the next window!
- Go back to Appearance > Customize, and click on Widgets > Front Page Hero
- Click the “+ Add a Widget” button and add a Honeydew Text widget (not to be confused with the normal Text widget)
- You should now see your hero image appear at the top of the page!
- Fill out the widget fields & adjust the settings as you wish (see below for instructions)
- To change the color and/or background color of the Hero text, go back to Appearance > Customize > Theme Colors > Front Page Hero and adjust the colors as you wish.
Widget Options + Settings
- Optional Title
- Optional Headline
- The main hero text. I wrap this in an h1 tag as shown on the left, like this:
<h1>your hero text here.</h1>
- The button URL. This is what your button will link to.
- The button text.
- A few text alignment options.
If you want to add a highlight to your description text, add this to the Description text box instead:
<h1 class="honeydew-highlight">your hero text here.</h1>
It will then look similar to this (taken from Honeydew Demo 2):