Install Genesis Framework & Your Child Theme
1. Download the theme file
After placing your order, you should have received a dropbox link to download your theme. Go ahead and download the file to get started.
If you purchased from my website, you can download your theme anytime from Your Account.
If you purchased from Etsy or Creative Market, you can download your theme anytime from the Purchases page.
2. Unzip the file
My themes come in a "zipped file," which is just a collection of smaller files inside a single larger file. Depending on your theme, it will look something like this: UNZIP-honeydew.zip
Now that you've downloaded the zip file, you will need to "unzip" it. If you're using a Mac, you can simply double click on the file to unzip it. If you're using a PC, just right click on the file and choose Extract All. Some computers will automatically unzip files on download, so you might not need to unzip this file.
Inside this folder, you'll find the Genesis zip file and your child theme zip file. Keep files these zipped because they need to be compressed to upload in the next step.
3. Install the Genesis Framework
You can skip this step if you already have the Genesis Framework installed, but make sure you still update Genesis if there is an update available.
- From your dashboard, head to Appearance > Themes and click on “Add New”
- Upload the Genesis zip file that was inside your folder your downloaded. You don't need to activate it.
- Update Genesis if there is an update available. How to check for an update: from your dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings from the sidebar. If there is an update available, there will be a message at the top of the page.
4. Install Your Hearten Made Child Theme
- Next, click "Add New" again to upload the child theme file (i.e. hm-honeydew.zip)
- Click the Activate button to activate your new theme!
"Missing stylesheet" error
If you are seeing a “missing stylesheet” error, then you have not unzipped the dropbox file from step #1. You will need to unzip this folder first, and then upload Genesis and your child theme files. Follow the steps above.