Dainty - Creating the Category Index
For reference, see the Category Index page here.
- First, we need to create the Category Index page. To do this, head to Pages > Add New
- Give your page a title. You don’t need to put any other content into the page, unless you want to display some content at the top.
- Look to the right sidebar, and under the “Document” tab, look for “Page Attributes” section
- From the dropdown, choose Category Index
- Save the page, and then go to Appearance > Widgets
- Add a Dainty – Featured Posts widget to the Category Index widget area
- Choose one your categories from the dropdown, and adjust the grid, # of posts, image size and other settings to your liking.
- Repeat steps 6–7 for all of the categories you want to display on the page.
Your Category Index widget area will end up looking something like this: