Dainty - Creating and Adding Menus
The Dainty theme uses 2 different menus in the Header, but of course you can choose to display one. Here’s how I set everything up:
- Head to Appearance > Menus
- At the top, choose a menu to edit or click the “create a new menu” link to create a new one. I have created 2 menus in the Dainty theme, one for the main navigation at the top that I called Primary, and one for my categories below the logo called Secondary.
- Add your pages, links or categories from the left side to the menu structure section on the right.
- If you want to create a dropdown, slightly drag one of the menu items to the right underneath the parent link, like I did for my “Pages”.
- Scroll all the way down until you see “Menu Settings”. To display a menu at the very top of the page, check the box for “Primary Navigation”. To display a menu underneath the logo (like I did with my category pages), check the box for “Secondary Navigation”.
- Don’t forget to save!
Troubleshooting: Menus not displaying
If your menu is not displaying, then you most likely did not set a menu to Primary or Secondary in your menu settings. Please refer to Step 5 above.